Join our team!
Royal Jay is located in Boise, Idaho, an up-and-coming safe city with a low cost of living ideal for families, outdoor enthusiasts and entrepreneurs. Boise is a regular on Top 10 lists (go ahead, Google it), and we love it here.
Check out these videos and you’ll see why:
If you are interested in joining our team, please send us your LinkedIn profile or resume for a confidential review.
Benefits & Perks
100% premium-paid medical
Flexible vacation policy
Endless snacks and beverages
Regular catered lunches
Team and family events
Comfortable work environment
As a Software Engineer at Royal Jay you are focused on delivery valuable customer features to clients at the end of each sprint. Engineers at Royal Jay interact with customers on a regular basis not only for delivery of work, but to help brainstorm on best approaches to solving business problems. This position is focused on a full stack .NET engineer, one who can build a feature in JS and hook those features back through the API, message bus and data store. We are looking for engineers who enjoy learning and teaching.
- ASP.NET MVC Web API (C#) – An understanding of how to build RESTful interfaces, versioning and deployment into Azure. Securing endpoints through Authorization and managing resource access through OAUTH. Experience building workflows around changes to resources in the API.
- Security – Basic understanding of encryption on the .NET platform. Symmetric vs Asymmetric, securing endpoints via certificate. Role based authorization to systems. How the identify system works in.NET (IPrinicipal, Claims, etc). HIPPA or PCI understanding.
- SQL – Basic DML and DDL script writing. Able to create tables, indexes, foreign keys, stored procedures. Ability to use SQL profiling tools to understand queries being generated from an ORM.
- Modeling – ORM knowledge either Entity Framework or NHibernate. How to map a logical model back to SQL tables where the mapping is not one to one. Understanding of component mappings, bidirectional associations, non mapped fields, etc. Basic understanding of domain modeling concepts such as Bounded Context, Value Objects, Aggregates, Domain Events.
- Messaging – Practical knowledge of message based systems (Mass Transit, NServiceBus, Azure Service Bus, etc). Understand the pros and cons of using a distributed messaging system. Reliability in terms of at most once, at least once and exactly once.
- GIT Source Control – Understand GIT from the command line, including branching, forks, merging, pull requests, stash, etc. Practical understanding of automated deployments, feature flagging, continuous delivery etc.
Nice to have
- Medical Document Formats – Basic understanding of HL7 medical document formats including HL7v2, v3, CDA Architecture, FHIR and RIM. Understanding of the challenges resulting in message sharing (interoperability) across medical organizations.
- Healthcare Landscape – Basic understanding of the Healthcare IT landscape in terms of Meaningful Use, MIPS/MACRA, CMS data, value based care, PHI and HIPPA.
- Azure Experience – Managing users with Azure Active Directory and resource management through resource groups. Work with any of the Azure services such as Azure Functions, CosmoDB , Virtual Machines. Experience automating Azure with resource templates, Powershell or Azure Command Line. Automating tasks through TeamCity and Octo Deploy.
- Multitenancy – How to build web applications used by multiple organizations. Understand different strategies for logical and physical separation of the organization data and user access at the organization, group, role and permission level.
- SQL – Knowledge of CTE queries, bulk inserts, migrations, backups in both standalone SQL server and Azure SQL, CAP.
- Command Query – Understanding of pros and cons around separating commands and query systems. How an eventually consistent experience may impact users or performance.
Why work with us?
Great products inspire people.
Technology should be fun, easy to use, and change the way we interact and do business. We create engaging experiences beyond the obvious.
Pride of work matters.
Our work is our art. It is a reflection of our passion and drive to build solutions that resonate with our customers.
We love what we do.
From the early days of taking apart our toys to late nights racing deadlines, our raw instinct calls us to invent and discover.